MTR (was MacTheRipper)--the Mac's oldest and smartest DVD-backup app--is now greater than ever.
- MTR -- the complete toolbox, not a one-trick, point-and-click extractor. MTR is intended for making fair-use, backup copies of discs which you've purchased legally.
- Four Extraction Modes: the ISO image, Rip&Rebuild (RnR) for VTS-level editing, Main Feature, and the specialized Batch Title Extraction. In addition, there are five error-correction modes. Edit bad cells before the rip--not afterwards--with RnR. (There's always another way to peel this grape!)
- For challenging discs, a stand-alone application DVDProbe, for deeper analysis before (not during) extraction. Available in all Extraction modes.
- Multiple, simultaneous extractions with chained DVD drives. Each extraction with its own Mode, settings, and save location. (This feature requires at least 2GB of the machine memory.)
- A top-to-bottom rewrite of the entire application code for maximum efficiency.
- User Guide Videos posted on web
- Active v5 Users' Forum for peer tech support.
MTR, since 2003.
Note: Version 18.104.22.168 is a paid upgrade. Licensed owners of version 4.3 who donated within the last 365 days can upgrade for free; license owners of 4.3 who donated more than 365 days ago can upgrade for $10. Details can be found here . Also note that the "price" of $40 is a suggested amount, and is not strictly required.
Note: Do not use this download to update your licensed app. Update via the Application Update menu in the app only
- Bug fixed
- This version contains PPC code for 10.4 and 10.5. YMMV. Please check the demo here first. (MTR has only been tested on OS X 10.6 and later; not all its features are supported under OS X 10.4 and 10.5 running on a PPC processor.
- Updated to be Mac OS 10.11 ( El Capitan) Compatible
- Numerous small updates